The Champagne Guide 2018-2019
The best guide ever published on Champagne. — Huon Hooke, Sydney Morning Herald
His attention to detail is quite extraordinary, almost to the point of obsession. But, then, he is obsessed with Champagne. — James Halliday, Halliday Wine Companion
Put simply – this is the greatest companion to champagne since Michele Pfeiffer in Scarface. An incredible distillation of details, covering maisons to small producers, what to know and what to buy (across price points) with tasting notes and explanatory words that won’t overfill your glass with too much waffle. — GQ Australia, Jan 2018
Wine snobs jog on—it’s all ’bout the bubbly. From Barons de Rothschild to Bollinger, it’ll help you pick the best drop. — Cosmopolitan
This is the definitive guide to all things Champagne. — Drinks Trade
A fully updated edition of the internationally acclaimed The Champagne Guide, by the winner of the 2011 Louis Roederer International Champagne Writer of the Year Award.
New in the 2018-‐2019 edition:
- Independent assessments and ratings of more than 600 cuvées, fully updated based on recent tastings
- All the latest insights on the top 100 champagne producers, from the smallest growers to the largest houses
- A Hall of Honour to acknowledge the best producers in Champagne this year
- Highlights of all the best champagnes of the year under $60, under $100, under $200, at any price, and the best blanc de blancs and rosé champagnes
- Updated assessments of the past 20 vintages in Champagne
- Brand new chapters on top tips for buying champagne and the art of matching champagne and food
- All set off with photographs of the region by Tyson Stelzer and full-colour bottle images
368 page hardback edition.